16 November 2007

Procrastination is a Serious Disability

Isn't there a drug somewhere that can cure it? Seriously.

I've never procrastinated so much in my life and the funny thing is I've also never had so much to do in my life. This makes me wonder how I ever manage to get anything done. Wait, do I get things done? I think I do, but one can never be sure.

My suspicion is that the reason my procrastination is flaring is because it's a particularly virulent strand: the senioritis strand. It must be a relapse from senior year of high school. Although this seems like a more pernicious version since I can at least remember being stressed out about not getting things done in high school, yet now I've been overtaken by a certain inability to muster a feeling of impending doom. I've developed a pretty good habit of shrugging off the fact that I've lost all capacity to be a productive human being, which is either good because it's keeping me sane or bad because it's quelling the motivational fire.

Just to give you a scope of how bad this procrastination disease is, I even procrastinate from procrastinating, as you can tell from my infrequent blog posts, and right now I'm procrastinating from sleeping. WHO PROCRASTINATES FROM SLEEPING?!

Someone needs to start a rehabilitation program for procrastinators to help them get their lives together, re-instill values of time management and restore them as functional members of society. That's actually a great idea, maybe I'll get around to it someday.

No comments: