29 May 2009

What's Cookin' - Chickpea and Potato Curry

I didn't take any time jumping on my summer goals list by trying a new curry recipe. I was also really hungry and have been nursing a curry craving for a good week. Potatoes and chickpeas are two of my favorite curry ingredients and I happened to have a can of chickpeas in the pantry and a bunch of old potatoes on the verge of sprouting into new potatoes. A quick Google search turned up this recipe.

As was the case with my past forays into cooking curry, this curry turn out spicey but otherwise bland. I didn't add the optional chili since I'm not all that found of super spicey foods -- I like being able to eat something without feeling like my mouth is on fire, I just don't understand what enjoyment there is to be had eating things that make your eyes water. I'm beginning to wonder if the spicey blandness is a result of the curry powder I'm using. Perhaps it's no longer good or wasn't very good in the first place? Either way, I just threw on some extra salt, warmed up some naan I happened to have in the refrigerator and enjoyed my meal while watching the Mariner's miraculously dominate the Angels.

And in keeping with my summer goals list, I'm about to sit down to "Delicatessen." Not a bad night.

No comments: