06 November 2005

out of sight, out of mind?

i've been having a lot of adages and old sayings running through my head lately, but one in particular more than others:

if a tree falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

i would like to pose my own, similar question:
if you're a dating someone, but you only see them once a month (at the best) and you don't have an open or even reliable line of communication...are you, for all intensive purposes, actually in a relationship?

okay, yes. the long distance relationship isn't supposed to be easy, by any means. i expected that. what i didn't expect is that my boyfriend would find countless ways to make things harder then they already are, mainly joining a fraternity, of guys that i certainly am amused by but nonetheless take up all of his time, losing important things like his cellphone charger, leaving his cellphone on silent for days on end, opting to take inordinate amounts of naps rather than talk with me on the phone. i could go on, but i won't because chances are he might read this.

maybe i'm a needy person....but i don't feel like i'm asking for too much when i expect my long distance boyfriend to actually call me everyone once in a while and...oh...you know....talk to me.

and if i am...then well, fuck me, what the hell am i thinking?

No comments: