08 October 2004

gut check

So who just finished watching the Presidential Debate? That would be me. I'm glad I was able to watch it, especially since I missed the first one because I was stuck at work. I listened on the radio on my way home and was surprised to hear Bush yelling, actually yelling. I only wish that I had been at home to see it. I was shocked to see them standing up during their responses and walking around. Bush looked so short and....stupid. ~giggle~

But down to the real issues. Overall, I thought Kerry did well, but I was surprisingly unimpressed. Especially when he answered the question about abortion. Pretty typical, don't-want-to-offend-anyone, politican type answer. But who can blame him, a politican is what he is. I think Kerry has much more grace than Bush and certainly doesn't come off as ignorant. But I'm so totally and unabashedly biased, it's sick. I shouldn't even be talking about this stuff.

The thing that I've been thinking about for the last hour or so, is how there should be a debate between Laura Bush and Theresa Heinz Kerry. We all know that Theresa would just pulverize poor Laura, but it'd be fun to watch. They say behind every great man there's a great woman, right? So why not see what these women have got in them. Mostly, I'd just like to watch Theresa, cuz she's a Heinz and that's freaking tight. Do you think she uses Heinz ketchup? Do you think she says ketchup or katsup?

No comments: