12 January 2005

at long last

so i am officially a college student. i even have the college email address to prove it (ssalazarrubio@calmail.berkeley.edu)! i'm all moved in and pretty much settled. the only thing left is putting up my posters. we got some poster gum today because we aren't allowed to put holes in the walls since they are brand spanking new dorms. the we i refer to is myself, my roommate Laura, our suitemate Katie and a guy from across the hall David from Maine. We took the BART to El Cerrito Del Norte to go to Target and pick up some essentials and some nonessentials...mostly nonessentials. I'm so glad that there is a Target relatively nearby because i must continue my love affair. anywho, my roomies are awesome and the guys who live across the hall are pretty tight. all in all i'm adjusting well and trying very hard to avoid homesickness. regardless, i still have pangs of missing those i reluctantly left behind.

No comments: