08 November 2004

radio killed the video star

...if by video star i mean sofie. Did you know that there is NO good music played on the radio? I've been driving my mom's car lately and it doesn't have a CD player, so I'm forced to listen to the radio. NPR is great in the morning but after being talked at in school and at work, I just want to hear something good that I can sing along to. But noooooooooooo. It's just the same crap over and over again, followed by commericals and more crap. That is the evil of concentrated media ownership and record label payola. MTV is running this rap shit and they don't even play music on their channel anymore.

But you know what, it's all going to be okay, because tomorrow, I am going to go buy the new Handsome Boy Modeling School cd and it is going to be musical bliss. It will be fantastic, because I can go out and buy it and....not be able to listen to it in the car because THERE IS NO CD PLAYER. FUCK (BUSH).

Oh but there is one saving grace in radio. And that's oldies stations. Have you ever thought about how on oldies stations you know the words to all the songs? And it's not even like they're playing the same songs over and over again. Think about how many lyrics you have just sitting around in your brain.

No comments: