05 November 2004

self fulfilled prophecy

Yeah, so it did end up being one of the worst birthdays in all of birthday history. Okay, I guess it wasn't that bad...no one died, I didn't die, all my limbs are intact, etc. But George Bush was reelected president, and that's almost as bad if not worse than the other things I mentioned. All i can say is that I am gravely disappointed with our country. Gay marriage banned in ELEVEN states??? What century are we liviing in? I'm not going to editorialize because it's exhausting. My ass is so sore from climbing up and down a ladder at work that I wouldn't be able to get on my soap box. Yeah, I climbed a ladder for three hours yesterday at work. And I thought working at Claudia's (formerly) floral, gifts and home furnishings would be easy. Well generally it is, but I had to put things up on display ledges and hang oversized ornaments from the ceiling. We had Christmas up before Halloween. In fact, we had Halloween, Thanksgiving AND Christmas up before Halloween. And the weirder thing is, as far as the retail world is concerned, we put our Christmas stuff up LATE. It's madness, I tell you, pure madness. But yeah, so I spend three hours climbing up a ladder, hanging up 4 foot tall ornaments (I shit you not, if you live around here, you should seriously come check it out and marvel and the ingenuity of man). I had to do all this because Claudia is allegedly scared of heights. I'm beginning to think it's all a ploy to get me to do all the grunt work. I'm not so much miffed about ladder climbing, because I think it did my ass some good. What I'm miffed about is the fact that Claudia had me do all that and she didn't even take the trash and recycling out. Shizah! But complaints aside, my job is pretty low key and easy. It's certianly better than flipping burgers or pissing people off as a telemarketer. Whenever you're hating your life, it's always good to think that there could be worse things. Unless you're a telemarketer.

No comments: